Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wordless Wednesday (Not)

Last week I posted several paintings that were in an exhibit at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, in Bentonville, AR.  I did post a couple of sculptures as well.  This week will feature sculptures from the permanent exhibits.  I did not take the time to gather the information on the title or artist of these works.  Sorry about that.


I have no idea how so much detail can be executed in stone.

This is one of my favorites.  It is called "The Old Arrow Maker".  Again, the detail is amazing.

HIstory buffs might recognize this colonial statesman as Alexander Hamilton.  I had to read the card.

One look at my header image and you know that this is one of my favorite works.  I love the detail and craftsmanship of this wall hanging.  It is about 42" in diameter.

This looks like Lincoln Logs for adults, but again, I can appreciate the detail and craftsmanship.  The piece is about 6' tall and perhaps 8' long.  It does appeal to the architect in me.

This final wall hanging is at least 8' tall and 10' long.  It is quite impressive in person.  Again, the structure of this work appeals to the architect in me.  Well, that concludes this minor tour of the sculpture works of Crystal Bridges.  Soon, we may go outside to the sculpture garden and see what we find.  Have a blessed Wordless Wednesday, or whatever you're celebrating.

5 comments:

  1. I would have loved to visit here. Yes I would have. I'd have been rambling around to every nook and cranny. Love this as an outing.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Driller!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/06/nesting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fine! I love sculptures of people. I can admire the craftsmanship while studying the features of the person at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting pieces of art, Driller! You can see the talent and craftsmanship that went into them with all of the little details.

    ReplyDelete