Tuesday, December 22, 2015

2015 Christmas Music Marathon Day 26



All of us are born for a purpose. The Bible tells us that God has plans for us. The question is "What is God's purpose for our life and are we willing to follow His plan." Pastors are not the only people that God calls into a profession. From the time I was in the ninth grade, I knew that God wanted me to be an architect but I didn't know why. I was over 40 when we moved to our present location and the church was beginning a building program. I was appointed chairman of the long range planning committee and later, chairman of the building committee. Our committee guided the church through millions of dollars of construction. In fact the largest project that I was involved in, as an architect, was not a part of my day job. It was as chair of the committee that planned and constructed our our new sanctuary. I firmly believe that God called me to be an architect and led my professional career to this location so that I could be a part of these projects. That leads to the question, "Why was Christ born."
As unlikely as the answer might seem, He was born to die.  The Bible says that Christ would save His people from their sin. It also says that without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sin. Therefore, only the death of Christ, as the perfect Lamb of God, on a cross was sufficient sacrifice for the sin of this world. Without Christmas, there can be no Easter. Without Easter, there is no reason to celebrate the birth of a child in Bethlehem. Christ was born to die...for you and me.

3 comments:

  1. I love your contemporary turn today. That has always been the difficult thing celebrating the birth of a baby born to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've heard this video before. I like it. You've really mixed it up this year. Excellent.

    Have a blessed Christmas week my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. May He richly bless you at Christmas and throughout 2016!
    Thanks for being a loyal visitor to http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com's weekly photo linkup.

    ReplyDelete